Saving the world one podcast a time
Our podcast focuses on how we can save it. Hopefully it's a little bit of fun, little bit inspirational, little bit educational and some awesomeness. We'll focus on habits, tech and talent that will help us save the world.
Episode #8: Chris Creed (Loan Programs Office), Learn about how they allocate billions to climate related projects
This podcast with Chris Creed is about a super influential and vital funding program for climate related projects to make the world healthier.
Chris is the Chief Investment Officer at the Loan Programs Office. The Loan Programs Office (part of the Department of Energy) invests hundreds of billions of dollars in clean energy related projects (like Tesla) that have a major impact on our climate.
The Loan Programs Office was established in 2005 to provide loans for energy projects. But it now has been all over the news because they have huge loan capacity to help to lead the charge to fund critical energy projects.
Here are some of the things you’ll learn about in this podcast:
- What investment criteria does Chris and his team need to fund a project?
- What stage of development does a tech need to be to get funded? I’ll spoil the surprise a bit because we didn’t mention the TRL in the podcast but it’s around TRL 8+.
- What are some innovative projects they are funding?
- What type of due diligence do they do? It’s very impressive.
- How do they ensure the money is being well spent?
We hope you enjoy it.